Always ready for new challenges and willing to experiment, learn and help others. I am generally a pragmatist where I believe there's always "the right tool for the right job". An open-source advocate at heart and know my way around the Linux operating system and Linux programming. I have a passion for computers and science & technology in general.
- abstractions and encapsulations,
- project implementation:
- release and feature planning,
- documentation system,
- designing API.
- review-based programming,
- team leadership: task scheduling and assignment, setting time frames,
- helping peers: with my experience, systems knowledge or design decisions,
- working with various versioning control systems (VCS), mostly with git.
- object-oriented design,
- debugging techniques,
- concurrent programming,
- test-driven programming,
- practical knowledge,
- TCP/IP protocol design and implementation,
- micro-service design and inter-process communication,
- auditing system and error reporting,
- various UNIX/POSIX tool,
- familiar with various work-flows that work
- great with distributed VCS
- managing Kubernetes clusters,
- managing Google Cloud infrastructure,
- Docker container deployment and administration,
- telemetry tracking and alarming using Fluentd, Grafana and telegraf.
[2007 - present] Platform Developer
Position: Lead Platform Developer
Primarily developing platform software for V-Tablet
which is an in-house built tablet that uses electronic
paper technology for displaying content that the
software pre-renders and optimizes. The content is
later sent to the device under a proprietary network
protocol which I co-designed.
Other work include:
- various devops tasks (deploying and updating remote software, system administration),
- writing helper utilities for internal use,
- tier 3 customer support,
- project lead.
- Pragmatist: "right tool for the right job",
- Go: over 4 years of experience, proficient knowledge,
- C over 5 years of experience, proficient knowledge,
- C++: basic knowledge,
- Python : basic knowledge,
- ECMAScript: basic knowledge,
- GNU Awk: less than one year, knowledge to process/manipulate large text files,
- know my way with Bash scripting,
- knowledge of "lesser" languages: HTML/CSS,
- various libraries: Gtk+ programming, socket programming.
- Ubuntu Release Party guest speaker (twice)
with presentations explaining new desktop
- Guest speaker for WebCampLj 2009 where
I talked about how Visionect d.o.o. is using
the WebKit engine for building a render
- Ljubljana Golang Meetup:
- [December 2014] Guest speaker on the first meetup: talk about my experiences with programming in Go, practical advises and tricks and experiences when I was visiting the Go Conference in Paris in February 2014.
- [January 2015] Organizer and speaker of the second meetup: talk about how Visionect d.o.o. migrated its software stack from C to Go and the deployment experiences that followed.
- [March 2015] Organizer of the third meetup.
- [March 2016] speaker at the fourth meetup: 'A simple way to migrate configuration files', talk about an idea how to automatically migrate configuration files if the user upgrade your software,
- Visited FOSDEM 2014 in Brussels.
- Visited the first Go conference in Europe - dotGo in October 2014.
- Years 2002 to 2007: technical middle school, posessing a formal professional title as Electro-technition of Computing.
- Years 2007 to 2009: unfinished Bachelors degree, attended Faculty of Computer and Information Science at University of Ljubljana, Slovenia.